Welcome to our Anti-Bullying area.
Our aim is to ensure every child here at Hillbourne Primary School feels safe whenever they are in school. By giving the confidence, skills and resources to help tackle bullying and promote an environment where bullying is less likely to take place.
Hillbourne Primary School is extremely proud to have our own Anti-Bullying Ambassadors who have been trained to help and support our young children. An Anti-Bullying Ambassador is someone who works to try to tackle bullying in their school, work and/or community. We have a team of 14 Anti-Bullying Ambassadors (ABA’s) are made up of representatives from Y3-Y5.
We meet throughout the year to discuss ways in which we can promote kindness in all forms throughout the school. Our aim is to eradicate bullying behaviour.
What did they learn from their training?
- Understanding the issue of bullying, facts, the effects of bullying, definition of bullying
- Practical ideas, top tips
- They received basic training looking at the skills needed to support others to stay safe
- Ideas to bring back to school to support the students at Hillbourne
What will the Ambassadors do at Hillbourne?
- Be part of a team who promotes kindness and guide others to get the support they need
- Be part of a team who are passionate about making a positive change around the school
- Understand confidentiality and the importance of sharing concerns if they feel others are at risk
- Attend regular Anti-Bullying Ambassador meetings
- Promote the work of the Anti-Bullying Ambassadors around school and at events